iT1, a leading national technology solution provider headquartered in Tempe, AZ, is looking for a skilled Network Field Engineer to join our Consulting team. iT1 has been ranked as one of Arizona’s Best Places to Work for the past 8 years running in the Small Business category. This role is a great step into the IT consulting and professional services world. You will be exposed to many of the top technology offerings in the market and can work with some of the most talented engineers in the country.
Review the job description below and apply if you feel that your skills and experience are a good match. We look forward to hearing from you.
Technical Engineer with networking experience across multiple disciplines to include telecommunication, L2/L3 networking, telephony, and physical infrastructure. The ability to work with a skilled team of professionals in design, development, installation and maintenance organization is required. This is a high-travel role that will be responsible for hands-on implementations as well as leading junior engineers to ensure project success. Must work independently with no supervision to analyze, evaluate, and resolve complex tasks.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- A strong understanding of telecommunication and networking systems transporting data, voice, and video across WAN/LAN infrastructure and equipment.
- The ability to use a vast array of tools and field-deployable test equipment to include built-in test equipment. Must be able to use the is equipment to quickly repair both physical and logical network outages and anomalies.
- The ability to design, implement, and troubleshoot solutions in accordance with IEEE standards utilizing layer 2/3 networking equipment.
- A strong understanding of TCP/IP networking principles and routing/switching fundamentals.
- The ability to perform and lead a variety of field engineering tasks.
- The ability to use a structured approach to solving complex networking problems.
- Experience working with various encryption solutions, routers, switches, network monitoring tools, and other associated network hardware.
- Experience with Information Assurance and network security practices.
- The ability to oversee and monitor systems compliance, improvements, and QA standards.
- The ability to interact and coordinate with customers to identify, establish, implement, and verify requirements.
- The ability to manage multiple projects, establish priorities, and develop solution cost analysis.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as directed.
- Actively participate in planning, coordinating, and implementing updating of network-related projects.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with customers, stakeholders, and other technical specialists, effectively leading detailed technical discussions and creating and presenting briefing materials.
- Ability to troubleshoot and communicate escalations to senior resources.
Job Qualification and Education Requirements:
- 5+ years working experience with network technologies to include network deployments of Cisco and Meraki hardware
- Basic knowledge and understanding of computer networking technologies including routing/switching and TCP/IP for troubleshooting purposes.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills, critical thinking, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must possess excellent time management skills
- Ability to work in a flexible environment based on customer scheduling requirements
- Thrives in a fast-paced and changing environment with proven multitasking skills and focus on details and accuracy
- Ability to travel between 30-50%
- Experience working with and configuring Cisco/Meraki network infrastructure
- Experience working with voice and phone systems
- Experience working with rack and stacking hardware i.e., mounting, cabling, etc.
- Experience with Virtualization Technology including VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V
- Experience conducting site assessments and recommending hardware solutions
- Insurance: Health Insurance, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Leave and Holidays: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays
- Retirement: 401K Plan with company match (eligible after 1 year of employment)
- In-house fitness center
*iT1 is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.