VMware’s AirWatch helps companies improve enterprise mobility management
Today, it’s hard to imagine a corporate world that doesn’t take advantage of all the benefits employee mobile devices can offer. The ability of staff members to leverage their own smartphones, laptops, tablets and other devices can result in boosted productivity, increased collaboration and a more flexible work environment. However, these endpoints must be managed effectively to ensure that security and enterprise policies are kept intact.
“BYOD enables companies to gain 240 hours per employees annually thanks to boosted productivity.”
This is where an enterprise mobility management platform like VMware’s AirWatch becomes so valuable. AirWatch provides a range of self-service apps to ensure that employees have all the tools they need to utilize their mobile devices safely and efficiently.
Let’s take a look at the BYOD environment as well as the other benefits AirWatch can offer.
The current and future state of enterprise BYOD
Statistics show that BYOD has been a successful initiative for many corporations, and that it will continue to be a prime focus over the next few years.
- As of late 2015, more than 60 percent of businesses had a mobile-optimized website in place.
- Currently, 61 percent of small businesses enable their workers to utilize their own devices at work.
- BYOD solutions providers often focus on the small business market to help underserved organizations support their growing IT and mobility needs.
- Overall, the global enterprise mobility market is poised to reach a value of $140 billion in revenues by 2020 as organizations continue to adopt solutions to support their mobility.
- The global BYOD market is expected to grow by 20 percent this year alone.
- By 2020, more than 70 percent of the U.S. workforce will be made up of mobile workers, according to IDC.
From these numbers, it’s clear to see the impact that enterprise mobility is having on the business sector, and how it will shape working processes in the years to come. BYOD enables companies to gain 240 hours per employees annually — the equivalent of six additional weeks of work per staff member, or $5,114 — thanks to boosted productivity. However, this is only possible when effective mobility management solutions are in place.
VMware’s industry-leading enterprise management solution empowers organizations of all sizes to make the most of their mobility while supporting productivity and security. The solution includes a whole host of capabilities, including:
- One Identity to allow for one-touch access to critical applications from any device an employee might leverage.
- Device and application support for a range of endpoints and programs, including native, Web and virtual apps, as well as smartphones, laptops, printers and other peripheral devices.
- Access to mission-critical resources via secured corporate networks.
- Content Locker to support collaboration via a single, easy-to-use interface.
But AirWatch’s robust features and capabilities don’t end there. The solution also comes equipped with endpoint management to ensure that executives and supervisors have the visibility they need into all mobile device activity on the network. VMware’s solutions also features end-to-end security to protect data at every level.
To find out more about the potential VMware’s AirWatch can offer your business, contact the consulting experts at iT1 Source. iT1 is a Premier VMware Solution Provider, and can help your company establish a streamlined and unified approach to enterprise mobility management. To find out more, contact iT1 Source today.<< Back to Resources